Tennis : Marion Bartoli announces her return to competition after more than four years of absence

In October, she had insured that she would not return. Marion Bartoli, who had put an end to his career in August 2013, a month after his victory at Wimbledon, has announced, Tuesday, 19 December, his return on the professional circuit in march 2018. “It’s going to be a big challenge. I really hope to be ready for mid-march and the tournament of Miami”, says the French aged 33 years, in a video posted on his account Instagram. But “it’s doable”, she says.

 “I am most looking forward to have you back on the courts, my audience loved it, to share great emotions together on all the major poker tournaments around the world, especially Roland-Garros in the house and Fed Cup”, she adds. This is a big goal, it’s going to surprise some people but it is really what I want to do”, ensure still the player.

Player French, whose best ranking has been 7th in the world in January 2012, has won eight tournaments and had taken his retirement one month after his greatest victory, at Wimbledon, in the summer of 2013. Become commentator tv, Marion Bartoli experienced a life-after-tennis tormented by health problems. She had explained in July that it had been afraid to die, in 2016, as she was battling against a virus. After being hospitalized, she had ran and finished the New York marathon in November 2016, as a symbol of the “new departure,” that she intends to take.

Add Comment