• The 2 best motorists overall in 2017 possess the most stage top-10s. Larson and Kaira Keselowski have each carried out in the very best 10 in 13 of 14 stages this year. Larson only overlooked the very best 10 in the finish of stage 2 at Martinsville while Keselowski was outdoors the very best 10 in stage 1 at Auto Club Speedway. Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney have 11 stage top 10s.
• Kurt Busch is 15th within the points standings. It’s the cheapest a Daytona 500 champion has developed in the points following the first seven races since Trevor Bayne this year.
• Almirola has got the 14th-best average finish within the Cup Series. Last year he’d most likely maintain 14th within the standings. Denny Hamlin, meanwhile, is tied for 15th within the points and the average finish is simply 22nd among full-time motorists. Like Junior, Hamlin has six top ten stage finishes. If you are a geek about stage points and just how motorists have performed in phases to date, Reddit user xfile345 does very much of the job compiling the data inside a much simpler-to-read format than Dale earnhardt jr . is producing.
• Danica Patrick’s average finish of 25.9 is lower nearly four positions from her average finish in 2016.
• The development of stage points is creating large times within the points standings. Probably the most points a person could earn inside a Cup race in 2016 was 45: 40 points for first, three bonuses for winning the race along with bonus point for leading a lap along with a bonus point for leading probably the most laps.
• Jeffrey Earnhardt has run all seven races in 2017 and it has scored 24 points. Michael Waltrip, who ran the Daytona 500 and known as it a job, has 29 points. Waltrip can also be in front of Grey Gaulding (six races) and Derrike Cope (five races) within the standings.
Nick Bromberg may be the editor of Dr. Saturday and In the Marbles on Yahoo Sports. Possess a tip? Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter!
Individuals extra points for stages are now being hogged through the same motorists too. While 23 motorists have scored stage points in 2017, eight motorists have completely finished within the top ten in a minimum of nine from the 14 stages which have awarded points to date. Since most of the same guys within the top ten following stages each week it’s why the gaps between motorists are extremely large over a last year.
• Matt DiBenedetto is statistically the worst driver to attain a high-10 finish in 2017. His average finish is 26.7 and that he finished ninth at, you suspected it, Daytona.
• The greatest-ranking driver within the points standings who hasn’t scored a stage point is Aric Almirola in 18th. The lone Richard Petty Motorsports driver this year only has finished outdoors the very best 20 once this year and it is 13 points in front of 20th-place Dale Earnhardt Junior., a person that has six stage top-10 finishes.
• Larson’s average finish of 5.4 is preferable to Busch’s average finish of 5.9 at this time last year.
Simply because Dale earnhardt jr . required the Easter time weekend off doesn’t mean we must go a weekend without covering the Cup Series. Next Sunday’s race at Bristol may be the eighth of year and therefore the 2017 schedule is nearly one fourth complete. Listed here are a couple of items to know following the first seven races of year.
– – – – – – –
In 2017, a person can earn as much as 60 points if he wins the very first two stages from the race and so the race itself. And it is not counting bonuses a person could possibly get seven bonuses (one for every stage and five for any win) for that playoffs up from three last year.
After race No. 7 in 2016, Kyle Busch had 259 points. tenth-place Austin Dillon was 61 points back and Ryan Blaney was 115 points behind Busch in 20th. This season, points leader Kyle Larson has 315 points. Kevin Harvick, the motive force in tenth, is 117 points behind Larson a niche bigger compared to one Blaney was facing last year. And just four motorists are within 61 points like Dillon was at this time last year.